“Salivary glands’ “course ,which is a part of the oral histology course .the O.H. course aims to be an informal and practical introduction to oral histology Members of the dental profession. Fulfilled and accurate histological study of the cells that comprise oral structures and tissues and their individual and collective functions. The clinical considerations will also be studied through this course. This course will review the basic cellular composition of the teeth, the components of the periodontal apparatus, the varied components of the oral mucosa, and the histology and function of the salivary glands. The cellular composition as it relates to structure, physiology, oral health, and clinical significance will be discussed.
– Salivary gland ,Classifications according to site ( oral vestibule)-(oral cavity proper)
– Salivary glands ‘classification according to size and secretions .The Histology of S.G. Epithelial content ,Acini ,myoepithelial cells
– Duct systems ,serious cells
– Mucous cells under microscope
– Mixed acini cells ,exocytosis (secretions)
– Myoepithelial cell
– Oncocyte ,duct system (intra-inter lobular),intercalated duct system ,function of intercalated duct.
– Striated duct ,functions of striated duct
– Excretory duct functions ,Main duct ,connective tissue of the salivary gland
– blood supply –nerve supply,parotid gland and submandibular salivary gland
– Sublingual salivary gland (major-minor) ,minor salivary glands ,labial , buccal , palatine and lingual minor S.G
– Age changes in salivary gland
– Rules and functions of saliva
- Lectures 12
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language Arabic, English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Demonstrator oral biology department ACU since 2016 as a full timer. Demonstrator oral biology department NGU since 2017 per task. (2012 -2013) Faculty of Dentistry, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt,Grade: Very Good with honor degree.Holds the Fourth Place in the overall standings in Oral Pathology studies in 2012.Holds the 7th place in the overall standings in Oral Histology studies in 2011.Holds the 5th place in the overall standings in Removable dental prosthetic studies ,Considered as 1st class student in internship year. Passed part I and part II Master Degree regarding oral biology department Ain Shams University. (2015-2017), currently working upon the protocol experiment.Certified in community services as a volunteer, Habitat for Humanity, supporter of Blood Bank and dental convoys in Egyptian countryside and remote villages.Attended the basic course in the restoration of root canal treated teeth RCT with advanced fiber post technique, at Faculty of Dentistry, Ain Shams University in 10/1/2013 with 6 credit hours by Prof.Dr.Tariq Salah.Qualified in dental researches and laboratory investigation related to Oral Pathology studies.Certified by holding the 7th place in Oral Histology final exam in 2011 at the Faculty of Dentistry by the Egyptian Society for Histology Science.Certified by attending the summer course trainee held in Gulf of Suez Petroleum Company.